Pakistan Excel English School was founded in 1995. Its name was Pakistan Central School till 2002 when the name was changed. It was one of the best Pakistani English schools in Kuwait since its establishment. The school became part of Kuwait Excel Company for Educational Services (K.E.C.E.S.) in 2005.
At the beginning, there were classes from KG till Grade 8 only in the school. From the academic year 2014 – 2015, the school launched the secondary section from Grade 9 to Grade 12 under the supervision of the British Council Kuwait to offer Cambridge and Pearson Edexcel IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education). To get the licence to offer UK education from the Ministry of Education and to be a member of Partner Schools Global Network (PSGN) under the British Council, the management of the school had to carry out a radical update in the school’s infrastructure:
- New science labs for Biology, Chemistry and Physics with complete materials and apparatuses were added. A lab assistant was hired to be in charge of the laboratories and to assist teachers in the preparation of experiments.
- A new ICT lab with 40 computers, internet and local network for printing purposes was upgraded. An IT assistant was hired to take care of the Lab.
- A big library containing all the required references, academic and cultural books was opened and a librarian was hired to supervise it.
- A huge multi-purpose auditorium was created to be exam hall, theatre and indoor sport area.
- An Olympic-shaded playground was prepared for the students to practise their favourite sport during the PE periods or in the breaks.
- A beautiful in-door games zone was created for KG kids to have fun.
New highly qualified teaching staff with good experience in teaching were recruited. All the teachers took the recommended online and face-to-face teacher training courses offered by Cambridge, Pearson Edexcel and the British Council. They also attended Cambridge Schools Conference. All of them had already got the official approval (licence) from the Ministry of Education.
Pakistan Excel English School has built a completely brand new premises this academic year with all the most modern facilities and therefore it was selected by the British Council as exams venue for Cambridge IGCSE and A Level for this May/June 2019 session.
In addition to the accreditation by the Ministry of Education. Pakistan Excel English School (PEES) has got many international accreditations:
- PEES is a member of the Partner Schools Global Network among other 600 schools around the world organised by the British Council.
- PEES is a Cambridge International School offering Cambridge Primary, Cambridge Lower Secondary, Cambridge IGCSE and Cambridge A Level. Our centre No. is KW035
- PEES is an approved Pearson Edexcel centre to offer IGCSE and A Level. Centre No. 91654
- PEES is an approved centre to offer Oxford AQA IGCSE and A Level
Complete Cambridge Curriculum from 2019-2020:
From the academic year 2019-2020, the school will offer Cambridge Primary curriculum from Grade 1 to Grade 5 and Cambridge Lower Secondary curriculum for Grades 7 and 8 in addition to Cambridge and Edexcel IGCSE to grades 9 and 10 and Cambridge / Edexcel AS and A Level to grades 11 and 12.
The benefits for introducing Cambridge Primary and Lower Secondary is that they aid identification of a learners’ strengths and weaknesses and can be used to support learning and development. Cambridge curriculum enables learners to progress seamlessly into middle years’ curricula, such as Cambridge Lower Secondary and then to the IGCSE and finally to the A Level. In addition to that, it is appropriate and relevant internationally and complements a range of teaching methods and curricula.
FBISE for Pakistani Students:
For Pakistani students, the school will continue offering the Pakistani curriculum and has already opened Grade 9 (FBISE) this academic year. Pakistani students will remain in separate classes and we will have our first Federal board exam next year. The school has already got experienced teaching staff to teach the FBISE curriculum.
We maintain excellent relationship with Pakistani Embassy in Kuwait and with the Federal Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (FBISE) in Islamabad in order to be able to serve our Pakistani students in a professional way and help them exceed expectations.